Monday, January 25, 2010

Recipe Results


The pizza was sooo good. Soo good. I wanted to bathe in it. OK, so maybe not quite.

But, first-- the granola bars I made. I used the recipe from Make and Takes, whose picture looks oh so good!

Here is the recipe from Make and Takes:
Chewy Granola Bars Recipe:

* 2 1/2 c. Oats – quick rolled oats
* 1/2 c. Rice Krispies
* 1/4 c. coconut
* 1/2 c. M&M minis
* 1/2 c. brown sugar
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1/2 c. butter, softened
* 1/4 c. honey
* 1/2 tsp. vanilla

Add all of the ingredients and mix together until combined. Press into a square 8×8 pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes and score into bars. Let it set completely and then cut into bars. For thinner bars, press mix into a 9×13 pan. They seem to set a little better in the 9×13 pan.

My changes: Left out the coconut (didn't have any), subbed mini chocolate chips for the M&M's (again, didn't have any) and used peanut butter in place of the honey (yes, you guessed it, out again). They were tasty, but I think I did something wrong. Mine didn't stay together as well as I would have hoped. I think I might have gotten the butter a tad too soft. That said, they are good. I'm already thinking about a different version--fruit and nuts--for next time! Thanks Make and Takes!

No comments:

Post a Comment