Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In search of CHEWY brownies

I love chewy brownies. Love. But, they must be CHEWY. Not fudgy, not cakey. Chewy. Who knew chewy brownies were so hard to make?

My standby is good 'ol Betty Crocker Brownies


Now, I'm not saying they are the best brownies ever, but, they have the texture I love.

I think I'm on recipe number 82 in search of chewy brownies. I'm beginning to think it's a lost cause. My latest attempt was a recipe from Cooks Illustrated that assured me they figured it all out and mastered the chewy from scratch brownie. I have to say, they've let me down. It was a good try, but again, not chewy.

So, it's back to Betty Crocker for me. If you have a CHEWY brownie recipe, let me know. I'm sure I'll attempt it if I haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment